PreK and Elementary FAQs
When can my child start the Pre-K program?
- Our youngest students must turn 3 before Sept 1st of the school year they will be enrolled in. For example, a student starting in the 2019/2020 School Year must turn 3 before Sept 1st, 2019.
Does my child have the option of attending school 3 days/week or for half-days?
- Yes! However, children love our school and the consistency of returning to the same environment day after day. Please email Gina Bennette for more information on the alternative schedules we offer for Pre-K. We do not offer a 2 day/week option.
What grades are taught at Apple Blossom Center for Discovery?
- ABCD is currently enrolling Pre-K3 through 7th grade. The school will add 8th grade as students age up and will be Pre-K3 through 8th grade.
What are the enrollment deadlines?
- The enrollment deadline for Fall 2019 is February 28, 2019. However, acceptance notifications are sent on a rolling basis starting February 1, 2019.
Can I drop my child off early?
- Yes! We have an early drop-off program that starts at 7:30am. Please check here for fees.
Can I pick my child up late?
- Yes! We have an after-school program that ends at 5:30pm. Please check here for fees.
Do I need to bring my own lunch?
- Yes! We no longer offer hot, fresh lunches delivered daily.
What is a typical day like?
- School begins at 8:30am and ends at 3:50pm. We have no-fee early drop off starting at 8am. All of our teachers and staff will be out on the playground to greet families as they arrive. Teachers and staff hold office hours daily from 4-5, where they are available in their classrooms to give you one-on-one support. We ask that children be picked up no later than 4:15 unless they are enrolled in our after-school program.
Does my child have to be toilet trained before beginning school?
- The answer to that question is Yes and No. We ask that your child be mostly self sufficient when it concerns toileting. We DO understand that everyone has accidents and sometimes our students are so enthralled by the lesson, they forget to go to the potty! We ask that children keep one or two changes of clothes at school, just in case.
Can I observe a class before submitting my application?
- Yes! School tours and observations are held regularly. Please schedule a tour here.
Is there a waiting list?
- Yes, we do keep a waiting list.
How do I get on the waiting list?
- See Information on the admissions process here.
How long is the waiting list?
- Time on the waiting list varies. We try to give our applicants the best information we have before they submit their application fee. However, there are no guarantees.
How many students are in a class?
- The maximum number of students per class is 10.
How do I pay my child’s tuition?
- We understand every family has unique circumstances and we make it easy to pay tuition. Each family sets their payment plan through SMART Tuition! SMART Tuition is very flexible and families can choose from several payment schedules. Lunches and other incidentals are also purchased through SMART Tuition.
How do I know if Apple Blossom Center for Discovery is right for my child?
- We recommend coming in for a tour and seeing the campus. Our teachers and students are amazing and you’ll get an excellent idea of what we do here!